Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing No 13

Thing 13: I’ve just got to say it. I don’t dig ‘Digg.’ More accurately, I don’t yet understand it in the context of bookmarking. Interesting reading, yes – but putting it into practical application anytime soon, no.

The furl site was blocked (security risk) on my school computer. The demo made me want to access it, probably made more enticing because it was blocked.

Ma.gnolia wanted me to send in an application. I did really like their tutorial, however. (I see a pattern here, I must enjoy tutorials!)

Delicious will be my choice. I did have a bit of a log-in snafu and had to retrace my yahoo log in information. I also discovered the need to double check which email account I have used recently. Google remembers the last one used, which is not always the one I have designated for this project.

If I understand correctly, tags are similar to labels which I find incredibly useful in gmail. Delicious will be to websites what Library Thing is to reading. I certainly wish I had known about Delicious during my recent graduate coursework. Project for another day- exporting my current bookmarks into Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment